Important notice: As of PRTG core server version 14.3.13 and PRTG for iOS 14.3.6 resp. PRTG for Android 14.3.2, you can use push notifications with your iPhone resp. Android device without any workaround.
Please see this article for details:
This article applies to PRTG Network Monitor 12 or later
Sending Push Notifications to Android Devices
PRTG does not offer a native functionality for sending push notifications. However, there is a workaround for this issue.
You can use the PushBullet service and cURL to send notifications to your device.
Steps to Go
In order to send push notifications to your device, follow the steps below:
- Create a PushBullet account and link it with your Google account.
- Install the PushBullet app on the device you want to receive push notifications on.
- Download cURL with SSL support (for example, here) and store the executable file on your desired drive, for example, drive D:\
- Get the device ID from PushBullet by using cURL on the commandline:
D:\curl.exe https://www.pushbullet.com/api/devices -k -u API_KEY:
Note: The colon ":" after the API Key is mandatory.
Let's Get Started
- Open an editor and paste the following script (adjust the first line, resp. path variable, for your needs):
curl.exe https://www.pushbullet.com/api/pushes -k -u %1: -d device_id=%2 -d type=note -d title=%3 -d body=%4 -X POST
- Store the created script in the \Notifications\EXE subfolder of your PRTG program directory.
- Add a new Notification in PRTG and select Execute Program. Choose the created script file from the drop down menu.
- Provide the following parameters: API Key, Device ID, Message Title, and Message Body. This looks like below:
YOURAPIKEY DEVICEID "PRTG Notification" "[%sitename] %device %name %status %down (%message)"
- Test your settings: You will receive a notification on your device immediately if your settings are correct.
For more information, please see PushBullet API Documentation.