What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to list devices with treemap/sunburst with only ping sensor?

Votes:

Hello,

I would like to know if its possible to list devices with Treemap or Sunburst view but only get the ping Sensor.

One of my coworker would like to be able to view from one look all the device that isn't reachable, and not include error/warnings.

Is that possible?

custom maps prtg sunburst treemap

Created on Feb 18, 2013 6:50:13 PM

4 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This will be possible with the re-written web interface (currently available in Canary release channel only):

With the new web interface, you can create a new Library with the part of the device tree you want to show, then add a filter for "Ping" sensor type only.

In the new web interface, the sunburst view will be available for Libraries.

Created on Feb 19, 2013 12:04:40 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

All right. That's awesome.

We are a pretty new customer to PRTG and we are currently testing Stable version. Are you able to tell me how long does your team take to release feature from canary version to the stable?

I would love to give my coworker a time frame on the feature she wants.

Thank you.

Created on Feb 19, 2013 1:25:02 PM

Votes:

Hi,
the actual canary version of PRTG will be released as preview version sometime this week. After that it will be stable after some testing. At the moment everything looks like the mentioned feature will be available in the stable version sometime in March.
Best regards

Created on Feb 19, 2013 1:33:39 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Last change on Feb 19, 2013 2:27:54 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Well that's awesome.

Thank you.

Created on Feb 19, 2013 2:20:55 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.