What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

What is the best way to show items on a map

Votes:

Hi All I have 18 small branches with a server on which I have loaded the probe on the linked the probe not to inherit the root map so it show me where in the country the probe is. The problem is that I have added the remote sites router under the main site probe so I can detect it the link has gone down as opposed to just the remote server that is not so important as the link for the site. What is the best way to have the router not in the central site on the map but as a separate item on the map by the actual branch. From the map I'm trying to be able to quickly see if the link is down or the remote probe is down without having to drill into the site icon. Thanks Mark

maps monitor prtg

Created on Feb 19, 2013 11:23:53 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi,
you might try the Map Object Sizeable Icon on Status Related Background from section Status Icons in the Map Designer which is changing it's background color when the according sensor status changes.
Best regards

Created on Feb 19, 2013 1:10:52 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.