What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

1-way cluster communication

Votes:

I have a cluster that I just can't seem to make happy. No matter what I do, Node 1 shows a connection to node 2. Node 2 does not show connected to node 1. These are the only nodes in the cluster. 1 is of course the primary/master. The diagram shows one red and one green line going between them.

These are both behind firewalls talking to each other to NATed IPs. One's https website is on port 442. Both have port 23570 open for incoming traffic and the firewalls configured to allow outgoing traffic. The DNS names on both ends properly resolve to the external IPs they need to communicate with.

What else might be getting in the way of this communication?

cluster firewall ip node

Created on Feb 19, 2013 1:39:59 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Please send an email to [email protected] refering to this thread. Please include your core and probe log files of both installations for analysis. These files can be found in the \Logs (system) sub-directory of the data directory. The data directory is defined under the "Core Server" tab of the Server Administrator tool.

Created on Feb 19, 2013 1:48:04 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Done, thank you.

Created on Feb 19, 2013 2:01:31 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.