What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Create a report or top list for bandwidth used by Pandora?

Votes:

I'm trying to figure out how I can create a report for bandwidth used by Pandora. Pandora has many different IP addresses. I'm setup using Netflow V9 and when I go to my top talkers, I see pandora.com all over the place. I'd like to be able to create a graph/report for strictly the pandora usage so I can justify blocking it to management. Is that possible? I know I can create reports by IP, but I don't know all of Pandora's IP's. It would be nice to create a report by pandora.com

bandwidth domain-name report

Created on Feb 20, 2013 5:34:04 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
you might have a look on the article How to discern excessive bandwidth with PRTG for this purpose.
Best regards

Created on Feb 20, 2013 8:17:29 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

That doesn't answer my question. I already have all the data going to PRTG and showing in my console. What I'm trying to do is figure out how I can make it show only traffic to/from pandora.com. Either by way of a Toplist or a report.

Created on Feb 20, 2013 8:25:49 PM

Votes:

Have you tried applying filter rules to the Netflow Sensor resp. creating a new Custom Netflow Sensor with filter rules and own channel definitions as mentioned in the article? This should give you exactly what you need. Reports over Toplists are not possible I'm afraid so the above menioned way would be the only solution here.

Created on Feb 20, 2013 8:36:25 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I think that's what I am after. I just created another sensor, and put in the Include Filter of IP[pandora.com]

Created on Feb 20, 2013 8:57:38 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.