What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Map URLs on notifications

Votes:

All our sensors send a generic email notification that goes to a team. I wanted to tailor these emails to include a public map URL relevant to the sensor but I can't see this is possible without creating lots of specific notifications. I was hoping to be able to append some sensor specific info (i.e. the map URL) to the generic notification once it had been triggered. Is there a way to do the latter? I guess not (would be nice!).

email map notification placeholders

Created on Feb 22, 2013 12:33:57 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Sorry—only IDs of triggering sensors can be added to notfications automatically. PRTG cannot know which Map you're referring to when an alarm is triggered.

However, you could use the Service URL field of your devices to add a link to your maps. This can automatically be inserted into notifications using the placeholder %serviceurl.

Created on Feb 22, 2013 1:06:44 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on Feb 22, 2013 1:07:10 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

Thank you. Good idea about using the service URL.

Created on Feb 22, 2013 1:32:39 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.