What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

top talkers on ASA

Votes:

Dears/ please i need to kno what is the [ other] row which appears while i am displaying top talkers with netflow v9 on ASA

the [other] row drains the biggest Bw so i need to know what or who is the other

i will attach a picture that may help. http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/7043/prtgl.jpg

Thanks in advance

asa netflow-v9 top-talker

Created on Feb 24, 2013 12:51:27 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
please see this entry for a detailed description of the "other" field.
Best regards

Created on Feb 25, 2013 7:37:09 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

thanks alot, i suspected this issue and made that solution in fact :) but this may be not logically, the sum of the other talkers is huge however most of the top ten talkers are consuming less than tens of mega bytes.

Created on Feb 25, 2013 7:57:40 AM

Votes:

Hi,
as I do not know the real amount of talkers, there might be collected far more talkers than shown in the Toplist which then might also sum up to be the first entry in the Toplist. As suggested before you might try a shorter period in of the Toplist but you might also try enabling the Detail option in the Settings tab of the sensor (If not done yet).
Best regards

Created on Feb 25, 2013 2:59:17 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.