What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Disk space sensors didnt respond after SQL servers restart.

Votes:

We have 2 physical SQL instances and a cluster (virtual) in one of our networks, updates for those had to be done and they required a server restart. While this maintenance was done, all those sensors were paused, after the maintenance was completed, the sensors were restarted and the "disk space" sensors from the virtual SQL Cluster were showing under error state with the following log "Drive not found (code: PE013)"

Since the refresh of them didnt seem to help, i went ahead and added new sensors for the "disk space" and they all started with no errors.

Do you have any idea why this happened? and is this a process that i will have to do everytime when new updates have to be installed? or do you have some idea on how to avoid this behavior?

The sensors that didnt respond after the restart are still paused in case there is something to fix them, since we need that information for reports in the future.

Thanks.

diskspace restart sensors sql

Created on Feb 25, 2013 4:37:58 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

I'm afraid this is a "known issue" with WMI and Windows Clusters, the DeviceIDs of disks can change. The only way to work around this, is using the WMI Volume Sensor and set it to use the Drive Letter for identification in its Settings.

best regards.

Created on Feb 25, 2013 7:37:42 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks, by the way it worked perfectly!

Created on Feb 25, 2013 10:48:33 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.