What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

HyperV 2012 - local credentials problem

Votes:

Hello,

i have a new problem with an hyper-v Sensor. We have one physical Host with Windows Server 2012 / hyper V 2012. That Server contains three VMs. The host and guest VMs are not in a domain but in our DMZ, connected by a firewall (all ports are passed on to the PRTG Server)

The credentials for the hosts are like " .local\webhvadmin" . This works for the "HyperV- host performance" part. But after a minute, we got a message that the contained VMs could not be connected with the credentials... Please check that the credentials are also valid for the destination system...

I put the same local Administrator and password in one of the VMs . I thought that would work , because of the same credentials (see above). Unfortunately, i still get the error.

There is no field in which you can type different credentials for the VMs. Up to this date, the vmware sensors still work.

error in original: "PC: Mit den angegebenen Anmeldedaten konnte keine Verbindung hergestellt werden. Bitte stellen Sie sicher, dass sie nicht nur für das Zielsystem, sondern auch für das System mit der Probe gültig sind. (Leistungsindikator-Fehler # 0xB0000004)"

Where exactly is the problem?

hyper-v hyperv2012 windowsserver2012

Created on Feb 26, 2013 4:27:22 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

it seems PRTG is trying to read Performance Counters here, which unfortunately is very tricky accross domains or from a domain into workgroup-machines. Please see if the tips in our Performance Counter-Troubleshooting article do help.
Using the WMI only option may be the best bet actually.

Created on Feb 27, 2013 10:59:30 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.