What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Load Lookups

Votes:

I have created a custom lookup file but i am unable to load this because i cannot find the button under systema Administration

Loading Lookups

You can (re)load the defined lookups in the custom folder by clicking the Load Lookups button. This button can be found in PRTG under Setup | System Administration | Administrative Tools.

PRTG Version 13.1.2.1383

lookups prtg snmp

Created on Feb 26, 2013 8:11:42 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello Dominic,

As per our Stable Version's Release Notes:

• October 2015 - Version 15.4.20 The option „Load Lookups" which we temporarily removed is reachable again under Administrative Tools.
  • August 12th 2015 - Version 15.3.18.3509/3510 We temporarily removed the option „Load Lookups" from Administrative Tools. It will back in an upcoming version. Until then, please restart your PRTG server manually to (re-)load lookups.

Updating to the latest version should allow you to use the Re-load lookups button under System Administration>Administrative Tools again.

Best Regards,

Created on Oct 21, 2015 11:15:48 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
this sounds like the manual is already referring to the new preview version released most likely tomorrow. In the mentioned version, please go to Setup | System Status | Load Lookups (which is a button on the upper right section).
Best regards

Created on Feb 26, 2013 8:20:04 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Just finding this thread, even when outdated: I cannot find this option neither in administrative tools, nor in system status.

Has it been removed?

Created on Oct 21, 2015 10:57:44 AM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello Dominic,

As per our Stable Version's Release Notes:

• October 2015 - Version 15.4.20 The option „Load Lookups" which we temporarily removed is reachable again under Administrative Tools.
  • August 12th 2015 - Version 15.3.18.3509/3510 We temporarily removed the option „Load Lookups" from Administrative Tools. It will back in an upcoming version. Until then, please restart your PRTG server manually to (re-)load lookups.

Updating to the latest version should allow you to use the Re-load lookups button under System Administration>Administrative Tools again.

Best Regards,

Created on Oct 21, 2015 11:15:48 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.