What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Graphs - customizable timespan

Votes:

In all the goodness PRTG delivers there is one thing that is bugging me quite often. Sometimes a situation that is very well illustrated in graph form does not at all fit in one of the pre-defined timespans (I use 2h, 2d, 30d, 365d). Say it lasted 4 hours. I will be a short blip on 2d graph and start 2h before the 2h grapth.

I usually manage to get the information I need from the graph, but very often one view does not capture the incident from start to resolution. And since the PRTG graphs are pretty and is a very nice way of communicating and documenting, I sometimes even send a screenshot of a graphs to a customer.

customize feature-request graphs

Created on Feb 27, 2013 1:58:35 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for this KB Post and the kind words. I'm afraid we'll need a bit more clarification here. Are you looking for a constant new graph? Or is this on specific issues, where the "Historic Data"-Tab already comes close to the request?

best regards.

Created on Feb 27, 2013 3:48:41 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.