What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Report on Warnings

Votes:

I was wondering is it is possible to get a report on sensors in a warning state. Basically what I am looking for is similar to the Uptime/Downtime report except I would rather it be Uptime/Warningtime.

I'm not seeing many options on this from the GUI but I have heard that it may be possible through Powershell scripting.

The reasoning for this is that we monitor our MPLS circuits for remote offices by putting the sensors in a downstate if it is down and putting the sensor in a warning state if the bandwidth is saturated. This type of report would be valuable for us to see what circuits are candidates for an upgrade.

Thank you.

reports sensors warning

Created on Feb 28, 2013 5:19:35 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

I'm very much afraid warning states are not transported to reports. So only way I can see is getting the data via the PRTG API, and then calculating this externally.

best regards

Created on Feb 28, 2013 8:00:24 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.