What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG Notification API

Votes:

I want to be able to change the notification email on a notification I have setup via the API. We have engineers that rotate a OnCall schedule and want to automate things. Is there any way to do this?

api change notifications

Created on Mar 1, 2013 4:34:16 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

I am using the following code but it is not doing anything.

/api/setobjectproperty.htm?id=11181&name=address_1&[email protected]

Here is the field from HTML

<div class="wiz3"><input class="text" autocomplete="off" type="text" name="address_1" id="address_1" value="[email protected]" ></div>

Any idea?

Created on Mar 4, 2013 1:52:16 PM

Last change on Mar 4, 2013 2:00:09 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I am very sorry, I just cheked with the developer, and it turns out, this cannot be changed with API-Calls in the moment (which is why I did delete my first answer in this topic). The change needs to happen via the webinterface.

Created on Mar 4, 2013 4:22:36 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Will,

You can have PRTG send the emails to a fixed Gmail address that automatically forwards the mails to the actual mail address of your engineer.

Next use the Gmail API to automatically change the forwarding address according your rotation schedule.

Regards,

Created on Mar 5, 2013 1:38:22 PM

Votes:

I'm trying to do almost the same, but without success. I want to alter the phone number where a sms text message is send. Is this still not possible?

Created on Apr 25, 2017 6:47:50 AM

Votes:

This still needs to be done manually I'm afraid. Sorry.

Created on Apr 27, 2017 12:26:26 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.