What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

error reading data server not connected wrong username

Votes:

Everything seems to be running good, but keep getting a popup screen (Date, Time): There was a error reading data from the server "192.168.0.203(prtgadmin)" Not connected (Wrong username or password)

To the best of my knowledge nothing changed

Thanks Dan *(Newbe)

connection-issue error prtg13

Created on Mar 1, 2013 7:02:21 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

does this happen in the Enterprise Console? If so, can you then please check, and maybe reset, the connection settings in the Enterprise Console to your PRTG Server?

Best regards.

Created on Mar 4, 2013 1:45:23 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi;

Thanks for your response. The title bar says PRTG Network Monitor - Enterprise Console 0 alarms and warnings.

This popup screen occurs every 60 seconds and the console is unavailable until the message is cleared.

I reset the Windows login ID and password in setup for local [probe. I changed the prtgadmin user's password and added a local user on the server to match.

I could not find the error in any log tabs. If I knew what part was generating the error, it would help to resolve

All the probes are working as I would expect.We use it primarily for WAN monitoring

We are close to the end of the test period and it's hard to show management the product and what it can do with a popup error every 60 seconds.

Thanks Dan

Created on Mar 5, 2013 5:03:52 PM

Votes:

Can you please send us some screenshots showing this exactly via email to [email protected]?

Created on Mar 6, 2013 1:09:48 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I sent an email with a screen shot of the popup. Please contact me if you need more information or have an answer

Thanks Dan

Created on Mar 8, 2013 8:46:52 PM

Votes:

Sorry to jump in on this question but I'm having the same problem and wondered if a solution has been found?

Regards Craig

Created on Jul 11, 2013 11:00:45 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.