What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SNMP sensors for Traffic Data of PPP

Votes:

The SNMP sensors for Traffic Data of the PPP or ADSL port, are often extremely low and incorrect.

If i monitor a Routers LAN and WAN ports and start a download to the sites server, I can see the LAN showing for example 8MB/s download, when I look at the PPP or ADSL or WAN counter, for a lot of our monitored routers, I can only see figures like 100kb/s.

WAN ports do now report correctly, is there a setting somewhere which needs to be modified?

sensor snmp wan

Created on Mar 4, 2013 10:32:00 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

I apologize, I had a wrong reply in here first. Could it be that one sensor here is running into overflows? To test this, please set the device (in PRTG) specifically in its Settings to use SNMP v2c, and then add both sensors anew. Do the new ones then show similar numbers?

best regards.

Created on Mar 4, 2013 4:13:04 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Mar 4, 2013 4:21:24 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.