What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

My horizontal and vertical scroll bars in a map are no longer being displayed.

Votes:

When returning to office, I found that the horizontal and vertical scroll bars in my map are missing so my dashboard info isn't visible. What would cause this?

maps missing scroll-bars

Created on Mar 11, 2013 11:30:16 AM

12 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

can you please upload or send us some screenshots of this issue (basically before & after)? Also, which webbrowser is used?

best regards.

Created on Mar 11, 2013 2:37:15 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, I have the same Problem since 12.03.2013

I tried to download 13.1.1.1266, which is shown to download in my Service-Center Account. But after Install I found it was Version 13.1.2.1463+ I Use Firefox Version 19.02 Now I cannot scroll in Maps anymore, there are no bars and either the Mousewheel won't work. Map Designer still works scrolling

Help !!!!!

Created on Mar 14, 2013 7:26:35 AM

Votes:

Can you please send us or upload a screenshot showing the full browser window where this happens, so that we can see the URL?

Created on Mar 14, 2013 3:18:45 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

Is there any update/fix for this issue?

I use Chrome to view my PRTG maps, and since about a week ago I have lost the scroll bars and cannot view any of the maps completely.

The issue is also apparent in IE and Firefox

Regards

Matt

Created on Apr 8, 2013 1:07:01 PM

Votes:

Hello After upgrading to version 13.1.2.1463 i also lost scroll in maps. Scroll is working only if you're using map link from "GET HTML". I canot change/create big size map in Map Designer. I use Chrome. Waiting for update with fixed bugs.

Created on Apr 25, 2013 11:21:15 AM

Votes:

Please send us an email at [email protected] for this issue.

Created on Apr 26, 2013 8:21:21 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I had the same problem, but did some testing. We are using PRTG Network Monitor 13.1.2.1463 x64 , browser: Firefox 20.0.1

Whatever I did, enlarge or make the map smaller, a scrollbar did not appear. Then I reinitalized Firefox. Didn't work at first.

Then I closed Firefox, not fullscreen, but about 50% of the screen. After startup of Firefox, the vertical scrollbar does appear, but doesn't work properly. The horizontal scrollbar will not appear at all.

Screenshots will be sent.

Created on May 1, 2013 8:40:54 PM

Votes:

Pieter, please email us a ticket at [email protected], and include your screenshots.

Created on May 2, 2013 7:33:33 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

The fix works like a charm ! Thank you very much.

Created on May 3, 2013 8:26:05 AM

Votes:

nice. but what is the fix?

Created on May 14, 2013 11:11:41 AM

Votes:

Hi I am also having this issue, and would like to know what the fix is. I am no longer covered by a support agreement, meaning I am using an older version 13. The map window does not show any scroll bars, even thought the map is bigger than the window. Anything I add in the map is not visible below the visible browser window, in Chrome of FF. Would appreciate any help on this, as it seems it has been resolved for others

Created on Aug 11, 2014 6:44:40 PM

Votes:

Sorry, we cannot provide the fix anymore for older versions. Please update to the current version of PRTG, the issue should then be fixed. If the newest version (14.3.11) isn't available for the Auto-Update you can download the software from the Customer Service Center. In order to access the download link to the newest version please log into your online account and download it there. Please use the email address the license is registered to and your password to log in here: https://service.paessler.com/en/login/

Once you have downloaded the newest version there, you can install it directly over the version currently running.  The configuration and database will not be affected by installing the newer version over the old and the configuration is automatically backed up before this process.

Created on Aug 12, 2014 7:28:07 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.