What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitoring VPN Tunnels on Checkpoint Firewall

Votes:

Hi

I would like to monitor the status of VPN tunnels from our R71 Checkpoint firewall

I have the Checkpoint MIB and when I start to setup an SNMP library sensor I can see 12 tunnel state entries which relate to our 12 tunnels. They are identified with numbers

eg tunnel: 519488347 tunnel: -87005757 etc

What I can't find out is how to relate these reference numbers to the VPNs defined on the firewall. I've asked our firewall support company, but they don't know. I've tried converting these numbers as decimal notation to IP addresses and the peer IP addresses on the firewall to decimal notation by various methods, but drawn a blank.

Can you assist please ?

Thanks

checkpoint prtg vpn

Created on Mar 15, 2013 9:31:40 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

would it be possible to please send us the MIB in question? Like this, we can't help much more either, I'm afraid, but maybe a look into the MIB, could tell us something to tell you.

best regards.

Created on Mar 15, 2013 4:12:54 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Sure - please let me know where to send the MIB

Thanks

Created on Mar 19, 2013 9:47:51 AM

Votes:

Just send it to us via email to [email protected]

Created on Mar 19, 2013 1:40:08 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.