What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Adding custom items to PRTG menu bar

Votes:

We would like to add a custom feature (a drop-down list with hyperlinks to certain websites) to the default menu bar in the PRTG web interface. I have already managed to get this thing working but I would like to be able to hide this for all PRTG-users that are not member of a certain user group.

I've figured out how to hide the extra feature for non-admins and/or users with read-only priviliges, but that is not exactly what we need. I'd really need to be able to hide/show it based on PRTG user group membership.

Thanks in advance!

Frederik

custom html-gui menu user-groups

Created on Mar 15, 2013 12:08:25 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for this KB-Post and the feedback!
I'm very much afraid this is currently not possible. But we will put it on the wishlist, in case more users would like to have this feature.

best regards.

Created on Mar 19, 2013 9:26:11 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

We would also be Very Interested in this. How many users do you need registering interest before you make it happen? Thanks Ashley Nicholas

Created on Mar 27, 2013 10:02:28 AM

Votes:

I'm very much afraid not only the number of requests, for a feature, is important. There are other factors as well. If you'd like, please have a look at the following blog post by our CEO, explaining "How We Rate Your Feature Requests".

Created on Mar 27, 2013 2:14:41 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.