What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Connection to Amazon CloudWatch

Votes:

PRTG Version: 13.1.1.1182

We have a 5 Cloud Watch sensors, using the same KEY/ID and each has the correct instance name.

One of the sensors will not connect and always states "There is no instance with the given name.", all of the instances we want to monitor are on the same account and 4 work.

What can we do to fix the issue?

amazon amazon-cloud-service prtg

Created on Mar 15, 2013 6:05:27 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Exact same problem here, version: 13.1.2.1463. I have 10 other Cloudwatch sensors that work just fine, all cloned from the same original sensor, with the instance IDs changed of course.

I see I'm the first reply, any chance you came up with a workaround Dan?

Has anyone else come across this issue?

I have a feeling the problem is on the AWS side of things since if I change the instance ID on the broken sensor to a different cloud instance it works perfectly. That being said I am able to view the Cloudwatch results within the AWS console for all instances, including the one not working in PRTG.

Thanks

Created on Apr 23, 2013 8:44:15 PM

Votes:

Can you please send a mail to [email protected] that contains a screenshot of your aws-console where we can see the ids and a screenshot of the sensor settings of one working sensor and one that doesn't work, so we can compare?

Please refer to this knowledgebase article, so our support team knows what to do with the screenshots.

Created on Apr 24, 2013 12:34:25 PM by  Johannes Herrmann [Paessler Support] (1,360) 2 2

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.