What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PDF Reports Not Running

Votes:

PDF reports, or HTML reports don't run and I get the error: Error creating PDF report: HTML render is blank ID: 2064. Tried reinstalling the server application with no change. I've seen this posted, but no solution to the issue.

html-render pdf reports

Created on Mar 19, 2013 11:25:50 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Have you tried to change the port that is being used by PRTG to generate the report?

Change PDF

Once the registry key is changed, reboot the application server. Also which exact version of PRTG are you using?

Created on Mar 20, 2013 2:21:06 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Last change on Mar 20, 2013 2:28:14 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

We are running 7.3.5.5802 on Windows Server 2012. I changed the port to 95, added it to the Windows firewall and rebooted the server. Error is still showing up and reports are not running: Error creating PDF report: HTML render is blank ID: 2006

Created on Mar 20, 2013 4:20:54 PM

Votes:

The easiest solution is to update PRTG. PRTG 7 does not work with IE 9 to generate Reports. If you update PRTG there is a Chromium-Report-PDF-Render-Option that came with PRTG 8 or later and this should solve your problem.

Created on Mar 21, 2013 3:01:46 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I uninstalled the windows Update for Internet Explorer 9 on my Wondows Server 2008 R2, which after a reboot restored IE 8 as the default browser.

Created on May 23, 2013 3:07:13 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.