What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

unable to see historical data in report

Votes:

Here is Software Version and Server Information PRTG Network Monitor 8.1.0.1628 Operating System: Windows 7/2008 R2 (6.1.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1), 4 CPUs, , on VMware Server Time: 3/20/2013 10:05:25 PM Server CPU Load: 8%

I am trying to create a utilization report based on the historical data for a specified interface. However, once it is done, it shows nothing on the report; no data; no graph. I got no problem if I go to live view, 2 days view, 30 days view and even 365 days view. There is no error message and I am wondering how am I able to troubleshoot this Thanks

historical-data prtg-network-monitor-8-x utilization

Created on Mar 20, 2013 2:10:04 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

does this happen for all sensors? Are PDF-Reports also showing no data? Is the underlying Windows an English one with English regional settings? Can you upload some screenshots showing the issue?

best regards.

Created on Mar 20, 2013 5:01:02 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Mar 20, 2013 5:01:17 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

1.It happens to all sensors. 2.Yes. PDF report is the same. 3.Yes. English windows with english regional settings. historical: historical sample

live view: (actually, I can get data for live/2/30/365days. Just can't get data for report) live view sample

I was thinking there is anything to do with data being exported to somewhere, or something related.

Thanks for you help

Created on Mar 20, 2013 5:36:44 PM

Votes:

Please check if the historic data is even stored for sensors. Please go into the "Monitoring Database"-subfolder of PRTGs data folder and check if there are daily subfolders in it, with then datafiles from devices.

Created on Mar 21, 2013 1:51:50 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

sorry to hijack this thread. I am also facing the same issue as thread starter. I had gone through the data folder but cannot see the current date sub folder.

How can I repair this?

Created on Mar 25, 2013 3:30:46 AM

Votes:

PLease check the Data Purging Limits in the System & Website Settings in your PRTG. Specifically that the "Historic Sensor Data" should be larger than 0. Please also make sure that no other (Windows) Process denies the access for PRTG to its datafolder, or moves away the datafolders.

Created on Mar 25, 2013 1:50:28 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.