What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

notifications sent to non group member(s)

Votes:

members of a notification group are still receiving notifications after they have been removed from the group? How can I stop notifications from being sent to non-group members?

group-membership notifications prtg

Created on Mar 21, 2013 3:23:12 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

usually this happens when these users are also still entered in other notifications with their email-addresses. So please check the sensor that caused the last of such an email, for its Triggers. Then on the Triggers, please check which Notifications are used. Then go to those Notifications, and check the recipients.

best regards.

Created on Mar 21, 2013 5:52:20 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Torsten, Thank you for your quick reply.

1-I checked the sensor that caused the notification 2-Then the looked at it's Trigger Notifications settings: which said...

"When sensor is Down for at least 60 seconds perform Email to all members of group YXZ

When condition continues for at least 300 seconds perform no notification and repeat every 0 minutes

When condition clears perform no notification"

3-I went to the Setup > Account Settings > Notifications page and looked a the "Email to all members of group YXZ" settings. 4-In the Send Email section "Address group" was YXZ group 5-I went to Setup > Systems Administration > User Groups to verify the member of YXZ group. Member were Tom and Bill, however Steve and Amy also get the notfication...Steve and Amy used to be members of this group but were removed months ago.

My work around has been to change the notification settings for "Email to all members of group YXZ" so that the Send Email is to Tom and Bill directly and removed the Address group "YXZ group" This work around will be any issue for whenever people come into or leave the group. :(

Any ideas why Steve and Amy were still getting the notifications?

Created on Mar 21, 2013 7:27:28 PM

Votes:

It could be that "Steve" and "Amy" are still members of group YXZ, as their "Primary Group"-Setting. Can you please check the "Settings" of these two users.

Created on Mar 22, 2013 4:13:56 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.