What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitor Values from Tomcat JMX Proxy Servlet

Votes:

Hi,

i'd like to monitor some values of a Tomcat Java VM using the JMX Proxy Servlet.

For Example something like this: http://localhost:8080/manager/jmxproxy/?get=java.lang:type=Memory&att=NonHeapMemoryUsage&key=used

As i result i get a the following String as HTML Text: OK - Attribute get 'java.lang:type=Memory' - NonHeapMemoryUsage - key 'used' = 555513208

I'd like to montior only the last Integer in this String that represents Java VM Memory Size.

How can this be done via HTML Sensor ?

Can i use some regex or is this only possible with some scripting ?

html jmx regex tomcat

Created on Mar 22, 2013 7:01:08 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi,
to obtain the mentioned value, there will be scripting needed, I'm afraid. It is not possible to check this value with native HTTP Sensors. If you are able to modify the output to make the number shown in square brackets , see below

[VALUE]

you might use the HTTP Content Sensor which would then be able to read this value. Best regards

Created on Mar 22, 2013 7:49:16 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.