What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Using API to modify properties on a XMLEXESensor

Votes:

I need to add a bunch of custom exe sensors. They all call a PRTG-plugin ONTAPMON.exe, but each time with a different set of parameters.

Is it possible using API to modify those parameters? And if so: how? And if not so: is there any easy way to accomplish this?

api custom exexml prtg

Created on Mar 27, 2013 7:39:09 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

please try using the SetObjectPropery-Call:
Change properties of objects:

/api/setobjectproperty.htm?id=id_of_object&name=property_name&value=new_value 

This function can change most string and number properties of objects (names, numerical values, OIDs, etc.) and should be used with caution. The "property_name" parameter can be discerned by opening the "Settings" page of an object and looking at the HTML source of the INPUT fields. For example the INPUT field for the tags of an object has the name "tags_". Leave away the "_" and use the rest ("tags") as value for the "property_name" parameter.
Please also see your very own PRTG, under "Setup"->"PRTG API"->"Object Manipulation".

best regards.

Created on Mar 27, 2013 3:16:53 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I've read the API-documentation, and have used the setobjectproperty for other purposes as well. But, what I am actually asking is the exact property_name for the Parameter-setting! Which I can't find in the HTML-source.

Created on Mar 29, 2013 8:05:43 AM

Votes:

It's:

exeparams_

Created on Mar 29, 2013 9:14:41 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.