What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Report Unauthorized

Votes:

When I schedule a report to send a pdf (at the end of each month for instance) I get a pdf that just says unauthorized. However if I run the report and export to pdf manually, everything works perfectly. Is there a schedule setting/permission I am missing to get this fully automated?

reports schedule unauthorized

Created on Apr 1, 2013 1:22:59 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

It may be that the in the security context field you have an unauthorized user running this report. Please check this setting under the settings tab of the report and make sure that the user is authorized to read the sensors that you are reporting on as well as authorized to send email.

Also, please let us know what version of PRTG you are using.

Created on Apr 2, 2013 9:06:16 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

hi

We have the same problem.

the version is 20.1.56.1547+

Created on Mar 9, 2020 3:23:13 PM

Votes:

Hello,

Which user are you using as "Security Context" in the settings of your report? Please check its access rights at "Setup > System Administration > User Accounts/User Groups". If you are not sure if the user has enough access rights, you can send us screenshots at [email protected], so we can take a closer look.

Kind Regards,
Timo Dambach
Paessler Tech Support

Created on Mar 10, 2020 6:06:54 AM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Votes:

from PRTG Support

Regarding the error "unauthorized" returned when generating reports from the Historic Data tab, the latter is due to the missing credentials in the API call executed on the server. Prior to version 22.1.74, the latter worked without authentication however we implemented an important security feature in the latest version to prevent CSRF attack.

As indicated in the release notes, all API calls now required authentication to work properly and therefore our development team fixed the issue in the new version .75 planned on 15th of March.

In the meantime, I invite you to add "&username=PRTGUSER&passhash=PASSHASH" to the URL displayed in your browser address bar when you get the error above. If you don't know where to find your passhash, simply go to Setup > Account Settings > My account and then use the blue button "Show passhash".

If you have questions, do not hesitate.

Created on Feb 24, 2022 9:23:22 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.