What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SMS notification

Votes:

I'm testing PRTG before buying license if it' worse to me.

I want to send sms notification when a sensor get down. I configure the sms notification to use bulksms.vsms.net and created a notification for sending sms.

A test sms is working fine.

I configure a sensor for using this notification and simulate an error, sms notofication is not working and i didn't receive any sms.

If I swith the notification to email it works.

Is there any limitation to send sms in the free version ?

SMS notification is one of the feature we need if we decide to by PRTG !

net-send notifications prtg sms

Created on Apr 2, 2013 6:20:46 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

It may be that the SMS notification that is being sent exceeds your provider's maximum length. Please try changing the notification to be shorter and see if you still have issues.

Notification Delivery Settings

Created on Apr 3, 2013 8:40:39 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Can PRTG Freeware license support sms notification?

Created on Sep 30, 2013 5:40:06 AM

Votes:

Hi, the Freeware license is only limited in the number of sensors. All other features are unlimited available.

Created on Sep 30, 2013 9:40:59 AM by  Michael Schmidt [Paessler Support] (150) 1 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.