What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to set dependencies within a group...

Votes:

I want to setup PRTG so that when one of my site's routers becomes unreachable (no ping response), all devices at that particular site are paused, as we see a router go down, then several devices at that site go down as well. If the router is not reachable, there is no way that any of the devices inside that router will be reachable. We would like to receive one email telling us the router is down. Right now, we get an email that the router is down, then we get an email for every other device inside the router.

I'm certain they're must be a way to set this up but I am unable to figure it out. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

dependencies pause prtg

Created on Apr 2, 2013 6:46:28 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

If you have a site that is reliant on one router and that router goes down, if those other devices are in a group where that router is the parent, then all the devices will be paused when the device goes down.

You can read a little more about that here:

Dependencies

Created on Apr 3, 2013 3:08:07 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.