What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to sent notification only when all sensors are down

Votes:

Hello, I would like to create website group, in which will be more HTTP sensors monitoring web pages. I need to monitor company Internet connection - when one page is down doesn't mean, the Internet is down. Is there any way, how to create notification only when ALL sensors in the group are down? (boolean AND) Thank you, Jan

all notification sensor

Created on Apr 3, 2013 12:48:52 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

You could use a Sensor Factory to create a notification for when all of the channels you want to monitor are down. Then you could disable any individual notifications for the channels and you would only get a notification when all of them are down. Here is more information about setting up a Sensor Factory Sensor.

Sensor Factory Sensor

Created on Apr 3, 2013 3:31:40 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Last change on Apr 3, 2013 3:32:00 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thank you for answer, I saw this option before, but it seemed quite complex to me for such a easy functionality. I must admit I am very unexperienced in working with PRTG (just evaluating before buying), so I will try :-)

Created on Apr 4, 2013 6:58:57 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.