What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

After Update I receive "Ping timing error (0/5054/0)"

Votes:

Suddenly I receive more offten "Ping timing error" but everything ist OK. Is this a Bug? I`m using PRTG Network Monitor 13.1.2.1463+.

error ping timing

Created on Apr 4, 2013 9:35:30 AM

6 Replies

Votes:

It may be that your timeout is set too low for this sensor. Could you submit the exact error code?

Created on Apr 5, 2013 12:33:39 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

it is the standard ping-sensor, no changes where made. It works fine until the update.

Created on Apr 5, 2013 12:40:30 PM

Votes:

From what version to what version of PRTG have you upgraded to? Can you please try changing the time-out to see if that solves the problem?

Created on Apr 5, 2013 1:00:13 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I Updated from v13.1.1.1266 to v13.1.2.1463.

I have over 700 Devices to change :-(, is there a way to do this at ones?

Created on Apr 5, 2013 1:08:26 PM

Votes:

You could use multi-edit by selecting all of your Ping sensors from the sensors tab but I would only change the Ping sensors that you are having issues with for testing. If all of the ping sensors are doing that, there may be an issue with the core servers network interface. A reboot may solve that.

For Multi-Edit: Go to "Sensors->by type->ping". Then select all sensors and edit the settings (click on the little wrench). Select the timeout checkbox and write in the new value, then click "OK". That's it.

Created on Apr 5, 2013 1:15:35 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Last change on Apr 5, 2013 1:16:54 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I Upgrade the Hostserver with more Memory and looks for now that the problem disappears. Thx

Created on Apr 9, 2013 7:00:02 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.