What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

What is this the right format for PRTG SSH Sensor Script?

Votes:

#!/bin/bash
echo hello world
exit 0

I have been reading around on your forums and I am unable to get a clear instructions in how to get PRTG to interpret bash scripts properly. I keep getting the following error:

"Response not wellformed (PE132)" I want the status for the senser to return an ok status to PRTG when the script is done running.

Can you provide some insight on what I am doing wrong?

linux ssh unsuccessful

Created on Apr 4, 2013 6:28:37 PM

Last change on Apr 5, 2013 5:22:10 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi,
a detailed example of a SSH script running with the SSH Script Sensor can be found in this article. Basically the output format has to look like

returncode:value:message

which would make your script look like

#!/bin/bash
echo "0:1:hello world"

Where 0 is the return code, 1 can be any float or integer value and "hello world" represents the message you want to give back.
Best regards

Created on Apr 5, 2013 5:27:43 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.