What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

System Health Cisco 4510 Temperatures

Votes:

I have a number of Cisco 45xx series switches. The system health sensor that monitors temperatures works fine in switches that have 6 or less line cards. The sensors report an error for switches with 7 or greater line cards. Is there something different I need to do?

I'm running PRTG 13.1.2.1463.

Thanks, -Mike

prtg snmp temperature

Created on Apr 4, 2013 8:11:38 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Mike,

Could you please submit a ticket to [email protected] and submit your logs as well, this issue is quite specific and we may need to discuss with our developers.

Send Logs

Created on Apr 8, 2013 9:51:38 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Mike

How are you monitoring the system health/temperature? I've not been able to get this from our 45xx switches? Is it a custom SNMP monitor?

Thanks Ian

Created on Apr 9, 2013 7:54:35 PM

Votes:

These can be created by importing the Cisco MIBs that can be found on their website. Here is a link to our MIB import utility. MIB Importer The MIB libraries should be available through the Cisco Website. Cisco MIBs

Created on Apr 10, 2013 1:20:02 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.