What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

HTTP sensor saving html

Votes:

I've configured a sensor to save the last HTML and I've been trying to find this. I've looked at the path suggested and I don't see it anywhere. It seems that it's not actually saving the html.

html http-sensor http-transaction-sensor

Created on Apr 4, 2013 9:53:51 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Depending on what version of PRTG you are running, the data should be under this path, %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application data\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor for versions 9 or later. You can see this article for more information about where data is stored for PRTG: How and where is PRTG Data Stored

This data is not stored in the default install directory of the software but rather under the alluserprofile path.

Created on Apr 8, 2013 8:38:03 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
it might be that the documentation is a bit outdated there. Please have a look at the folder

<PRTG Data Directory>\Logs (Sensors)

Not as in stated in the documentation \Logs (System)
You should find a file there called "Result of Sensor XXXX.txt" and one called "Result of Sensor XXXX-A.txt". The file with the extensions "-A" actually holds the latest HTML result.
Best regards

Created on Apr 5, 2013 9:30:04 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I've looked at this, and I still don't see the file. I've verified the path in the configuration and it's not running at a remote probe so it can only be in the default install directory.

Created on Apr 5, 2013 1:48:13 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Depending on what version of PRTG you are running, the data should be under this path, %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application data\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor for versions 9 or later. You can see this article for more information about where data is stored for PRTG: How and where is PRTG Data Stored

This data is not stored in the default install directory of the software but rather under the alluserprofile path.

Created on Apr 8, 2013 8:38:03 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Found the directory based on the last response for %ALLUSERSPROFILE% path. Documentation should get updated to reflect this.

Thanks.

Created on Apr 9, 2013 9:25:23 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.