What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cisco Router C7206G2 not showing all interfaces in Automatic device identification

Votes:

Dear Paessler team,

I'm facing a problem in Cisco Router C7206G2 as it is not showing all interfaces in Automatic device identification, i tried other options too like Automatic Sensor Creation using specific device template, use 32 bit counters only in SNMP compatibility options, use single get in Request mode and SNMP v1 and v2. After all tests the Autodiscovery is showing a one Ethernet interface while the Router has four, my PRTG version is 12.2.1.1767. As a note i used the tool snmptester5beta10 from your website and after the scan it showed me all interfaces. Kindly advice on how to solve this issue, thanks.

Best Regards,

Ali

cisco interfaces prtg router

Created on Apr 5, 2013 3:50:46 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

do you see all interfaces when you try to add standard SNMP traffic sensors manually?

Please save the output of the SNMP Tester (search for standard interfaces) and please send it to [email protected] with some reference to this KB article.

Created on Apr 8, 2013 9:26:43 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.