What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

how to automate a yearly report with specific dates to run every week?

Votes:

I have found the need to create a Yearly uptime report, this report has to be run every monday (weekly) but it has to have the data from a year round. For example: today is the 4-8-2013, the report has to have the data from 4-8-2012 to 4-8-2013. when i select the yearly report on the defaults of the report creation, it only gives me the option to select from the first to the last day of the year.

For now I'm running the Report manually selecting the dates so i can generate it once a week, but if im not in the office my co-workers will have to do it, so im looking to see if there is another option to automate this process without having to manually go thru the proccess to generate the report?

Thanks in advance.

automation reports year

Created on Apr 8, 2013 2:50:29 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

I'm very much afraid currently such reports with the period "last year from this day on" are not possible. That needs to be calculated with an external tool/script that gathers the historic data from PRTG via the PRTG API. Please see the API documentation in your very own PRTG under "Setup"->"PRTG API"->"Historic Data".
But we have put it on the wishlist. If you'd like, please have a look at the following blog post by our CEO, explaining "How We Rate Your Feature Requests".

Best regards.

Created on Apr 8, 2013 5:33:19 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks.

Created on Apr 19, 2013 2:09:51 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.