What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Intermittent Request timed out (code: PE014)

Votes:

Several sensors get an alarm several times a day with this error. I see that others have had the same issue, but no solution is posted in the knowledge base. How can I get around this alarm? We have a network monitor running on a big screen where users can walk past and see the network status. It looks really bad when there is Red alarms all over the place thoughout the day.

Thanks for your prompt reply!

Susan Chelf

alarm pe014 timeout

Created on Apr 8, 2013 9:38:42 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB Post. May I ask, which exact sensor types are you referring to? Which exact errors do you then get on the sensors? Could you maybe please upload or send in some screenshots showing the exact error messages on the sensors (on the "Overview"-Tab)? If the sensors are not in error-state right now, you can also check the "Log"-Tab of the sensor, to view previous error-messages.

best regards

Created on Apr 9, 2013 1:38:51 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have the same problem , it's happend on all the CPU sensors and all the Network card sensors . the problem It's show is ( on CPU load sensor for example) : WMI: 80041010: The specified class is not valid. -- PerfCounter: The wait operation timed out (Performance Counter error 0x102)

Created on Sep 10, 2015 12:54:41 PM

Votes:

Does it help to reboot the target systems? If not, does it then help to restart the host of the PRTG Probe monitoring these targets? Please also see our extensive WMI Troubleshooting Guide: https://kb.paessler.com/knowledgebase/en/topic/1043-my-wmi-sensors-don-t-work-what-can-i-do

Created on Sep 14, 2015 7:24:25 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.