What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can I add a duration to an acknowledgement in the email template?

Votes:

I've seen that the the duration option is available in the pause items in the default email template for notifications. Can I use that same duration to acknowledge a sensor for only a period of time?

I'm thinking it'd look something like this %homem/acknowledgealarm.htm?id=%sensorid&duration=5&ackmsg=Acknowledged+via+email+for+5min&targeturl=/m/sensor.htm?id=%sensorid

notifications prtg template

Created on Apr 11, 2013 7:24:10 PM

6 Replies

Votes:

Can I request an enhancement? This would be real handy for the same reason's it is a handy option on the website, but with the ability to easily do it without going through the interface.

Created on Apr 15, 2013 12:36:14 PM

Votes:

Josiah,

Please try using this for the Execute HTTP Action field of the notification for the sensor that you would like to have acknowledged.

http://192.x.x.x/api/acknowledgealarm.htm?id=%sensorid&ackmsg=Auto-Acknowledged&username=USERNAME&passhash=12345678&duration=X

Please mind that you have to replace the IP, the USERNAME, 12345678 with your pass hash from the account settings and the X duration with that you want to have your Auto-Acknowledge perform.

Created on Apr 15, 2013 2:30:32 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I'm trying to do this from TOPdesk and i want to do this with 'acknowledge until'. Is that possible as wel?

Created on Feb 11, 2019 11:00:29 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

Greg already shared the solution to do that:

/api/acknowledgealarm.htm?id=%sensorid&ackmsg=Auto-Acknowledged&username=USERNAME&passhash=12345678&duration=X

In the end is the "duration="-parameter. To acknowledge for 5 minutes, use:

/api/acknowledgealarm.htm?id=%sensorid&ackmsg=Auto-Acknowledged&username=USERNAME&passhash=12345678&duration=5

Best regards.

Created on Feb 11, 2019 1:33:20 PM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

Yes, thats for a set amount of time, i already have that. I want to acknowledge a sensor until a specific time. I can set a date in TOPdesk when i want to finish a call and use that date to acknowledge the sensor until that date and time.

In PRTG i can use 'acknowledge until' to achieve this, however i want to acknowledge from TOPdesk so i can add call number information automaticaly from there in the ackmsg.

Created on Feb 12, 2019 8:26:36 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

What PRTG does at the "acknowledge until" option is, that it calculates the time from "now" to the selected time in minutes. Then it will provide this value within the "duration"-parameter. For example:

duration=6978

Therefore I am afraid that the above cannot be achieved without a script or something in between.

Best regards.

Created on Feb 12, 2019 9:43:38 AM by  Dariusz Gorka [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.