What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

what is the best way to monitor internet connectivity in the network?

Votes:

I am looking for the best way to monitor internet connectivity in the network, and if possible to create a report with such information. This is only because sometimes we get alerts about websites being down, but when check on them they are working perfectly, and there have been occasions when our internet goes down and as of now there is no way for us to know when this happens.

Thanks in advance.

connectivity internet-uptime reports wan

Created on Apr 16, 2013 1:38:03 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. I would recommend adding a few Ping/HTTP-Sensors that check websites that should never be down (like Google.com, microsoft.com, etc.). Only if those are then all down, together, the internet connection is likely lost.

best regards.

Created on Apr 16, 2013 4:14:02 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks Torsten, i will try this solution.

Created on Apr 19, 2013 2:08:01 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.