What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Where is the channels tab to edit channel settings?

Votes:

Sometimes I read articles and instructions which are based on a so-called ‘channels tab’. They describe how you can edit sensor channel settings there. However, I don’t see any tab like this in the web interface of my recently installed PRTG. Where can I find it? How can I access the settings of a channel?

channel channel-settings channels-tab prtg web-interface

Created on Apr 19, 2013 9:52:36 AM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This article applies to PRTG Network Monitor 13.2.3 or later

Deprecated ‘Channels’ Tab as of PRTG 13.2.3

In the course of improving PRTG’s web interface for an even more intuitive usability, we also adjusted the accessibility of channel settings: the ‘Channels’ tab is removed from PRTG. Formerly, you could edit the settings of a specific sensor channel on this page.

In order to access channel settings in PRTG Network Monitor 13.2.3 or later, please use the edit buttons underneath the channels on the overview tab:

Edit Channel Settings

Users of PRTG installations which have been updated to 13.2.3 or later will still see the channels tab on a sensor’s details page. However, it has no more functionality; these users will notice a “tab removed” message when clicking on this tab (and there is an option to hide the “Channels” tab altogether).

Users of completely new PRTG installations—13.2.3 or later—will not see any channels tab. The tab will not be placed in recent PRTG versions. If you encounter any articles or instructions, for example, in PRTG’s knowledge base or documentation, which are related to a ‘channels tab’, please apply these descriptions to the Edit Channel Settings section (see screenshot above how to access it) on a sensor’s overview page.

Created on Apr 19, 2013 9:59:28 AM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Last change on Apr 19, 2013 10:00:49 AM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

In my opinion is the removement of the channel tab not a step into a "more intuitive usability".

But also in a very good product could it be possible to get some less nice decisions.

Steffen

Created on Apr 1, 2015 9:52:53 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.