What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

how to monitor domain user internet volume

Votes:

Hi All, I use PRTG free version (10 sensors), It's really good to monitor current internet volume on one of the H3C firewall port. My question is: recently I found our bandwidth is getting occupied by some users but I cannot find by PRTG as currently I only monitor one firewall device port.

Is therer any good suggestion so that I can quickly the IP/switch port/user name by some tool or PRTG itself?

Thanks a lot.

Jack,

domain internet ip prtg

Created on Apr 22, 2013 10:16:02 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Created on Apr 22, 2013 11:53:19 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Hi,

It is said if I have unlimited sensors, it will be possible to monitor every single network adaptor network flow status if I want.

Sadly, I still use the free version with 10 sendors limit.

Thanks anyway.

Jack,

Created on Apr 23, 2013 6:33:16 AM

Votes:

Even when using one sensor you might be able to discern high traffic usage via the sensor's toplists. If, however, you require filters, in order to determine the traffic for each device (not just the top talkers, etc.), you might require a larger number of sensors (e.g. one per monitored device). This depends on the infrastructure being monitored. But, yes, the freeware license might be a bit slim for this type of scenario, sorry.

Created on Apr 23, 2013 1:12:11 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.