What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How can I setup PRTG start and login automatically when the windows is rebooted?

Votes:

Hello everyone, I am a newble of PRTG, I would like to setup PRTG can start and login automatically when I restart my os which is windows server 2008, how could I setup PRTG? Thank you for all your attention and sorry for my bad English.

automatically prtg troubleshooting

Created on Apr 23, 2013 3:32:50 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi Nathan,
you just will have to set the start type of the PRTG Core Server and PRTG Probe Service to Automatic (which should be set by standard during installation) in services.msc.
Best regards

Created on Apr 23, 2013 9:37:59 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I am sorry, where the services.msc file is?

Created on Apr 24, 2013 12:43:25 AM

Votes:

Thank you for your answer Konstantin, I have found where the service.msc is, but when I try to setup just like you said that, it told me that both of them can't restart the service because of the login error, and also PRTG is still can't login automatically, I don't know how to do then, Thank you for your kind attention.

Created on Apr 24, 2013 1:18:32 AM

Votes:

hello,

I think this should become a support ticket now.

please send a mail to [email protected] with a reference to this KB article

and

Could you please forward us your system log files for analysis? You can find the same under

XP/2003: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Logs (System)

Vista/2008: C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor\Logs (System)

Please send the Logs(System) folder as a zip file if possible.

If you have changed the location of the data folder in the past or if you can not find current log files in the above location, please check your data path in the PRTG Server Administrator Tool on the PRTG server.

Created on Apr 24, 2013 4:34:34 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.