What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Second NIC in Monitor PC-Cannot connect to Monitor

Votes:

I installed a second NIC in my PRTG monitor PC so that I could run checks against another subnet. All of the sensors (both subnets) are working properly. However, I cannot no longer bring up PRTG through a web browser on the original IP address (first, original NIC) and not on the second IP address (second, recently added NIC). I need web browser access to PRTG on the first, original address.

Thank you.

2nd-nic prtg9 web-access-to-prtg

Created on Apr 30, 2013 5:27:50 PM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi,
please check the web server configuration of PRTG in the PRTG Server Administrator tool. On tab Web Server make sure PRTG is either listening on all IPs or on selected ones.
Best regards

Created on Apr 30, 2013 6:36:35 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes. This was in deed the problem. I found it within about a minute of posting the query.

Thank you.

Created on Apr 30, 2013 6:58:06 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.