What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Restarted PRTG Server - Nothing works

Votes:

I had to shutdown and move my PRTG VM so that it could move hosts. It hasn't lost connectivity etc. But now it won't bring up an sensors at all? They're all just sitting on a "?" state.

I've tried restarting the services, but nothing seems to work :/

restart restart-service unknown

Created on May 2, 2013 12:29:21 AM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

In order to provide us with more concrete information that we would require, but that due to the personal nature of the issue shouldn't be made publicly available, please forward us an email to [email protected] including your core and probe log files for analysis. Please refer to this ticket for faster processing.

Created on May 2, 2013 7:24:17 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

3 Replies

Votes:

It's difficult to say why this is happening without knowing more about the environment. The first things that you should check is whether this host still has connectivity to all of the hosts and whether or not the Host is allowing the connections between the monitored devices and the PRTG server. Have you tried using the WMI or SNMP tester to see if this PRTG server is able to reach out to the network?

Created on May 2, 2013 11:20:14 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

The PRTG server didn't lose connectivity. I restarted the server a couple of times and it managed to get a few sensors back up(around 40 out of 230). I had to upgrade to a later version in order to get 90% of the sensors back up and running(the latest version was downloaded from the PRTG website when I login under my account).

I had to delete 15 sensors and recreate them as they just sat on "unknown"(I left them for 4 hours, and one of them was only a ping).

Created on May 2, 2013 6:52:57 PM

Accepted Answer

Votes:

In order to provide us with more concrete information that we would require, but that due to the personal nature of the issue shouldn't be made publicly available, please forward us an email to [email protected] including your core and probe log files for analysis. Please refer to this ticket for faster processing.

Created on May 2, 2013 7:24:17 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.