What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sensor Factory threshold trigger

Votes:

I have sensor factory in my PRTG, it's collective sensor of how many connections going to my Proxy device, separated by Virtual IP. So I have set threshold trigger between certain number of connection, but i kinda hope will get Web/Sound Alarm or notif in Alarm Page, not only email notif. Can PRTG do that?

System Status PRTG Version PRTG Network Monitor 12.4.6.3342 x64

notifications sensorfactory threshold

Created on May 2, 2013 7:56:40 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

For a sensor factory sensor, what you could do would be to create upper and lower limits that would put the sensor into an Error State or warning state. You can also edit the associated message that comes with the Error and Warning limits. Channel Settings

Created on May 2, 2013 12:33:59 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks Greg! I just created the Limit as you said.

Created on May 4, 2013 7:11:51 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.