What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Map add to device

Votes:

I looking for to add a own map to a device. Example i have a floor map. You can see in the floor map the devices (wireless). I would like to add the location of the wireless in prtg to the see where the device are. I have add maps but i would like add the map to the device. I have looking for and i found only geo maps to add to the device. Anybody have a solution?

device geo-maps maps

Created on May 3, 2013 7:43:20 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

If you are trying to create a custom map like that, you could create a custom map and add the map you spoke of as the background image then add devices to where those devices are on the map.

Setting a location for a map will only work with the Geo Maps and you are only able to use the maps that are provided under the Geo Maps settings that are in the settings.

Here is an article that describes how to create a custom map Custom Maps

Created on May 3, 2013 1:53:33 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.