What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Auto detected Macbook, how to inspect network flow

Votes:

Hi All, I've just installed a PRTG trial version with unlimited sensors. All windows computer can be detected with full information easily. For those domain Macbook Pro users, I can see their IP and few useful information. No network adaptor/network flow volume is visible. Also no disk space infor.

Anyone can help to let me know how to setup to get all information from a Mac system?

Thank you.

Jack,

flow macosx network prtg

Created on May 7, 2013 7:09:24 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Jack,

You would need to configure the Macbooks to enable SNMP to allow them to be monitored. As I'm not sure which OS you have, this should get you started. It will be very similar to monitoring a linux machine with SNMP.

SNMP for OS X

Monitor Linux with PRTG

Created on May 7, 2013 7:41:55 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.