What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Why am I getting a 11001 socket error prtg on my probe sever

Votes:

From the probe server I can go to the command line and ping a server

example Ping 10.0.0.1

But the ping sensor for server in PRTG comes back with a "11001 socket error". I have removed the sensor and readded it and I still get a error. What can I do to resolve this issue?

ping-sensor remote-probe socket-error

Created on May 13, 2013 4:41:43 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Are you using the device's IP or are you using the DNS name to setup this device. It could be that the probe is not resolving the DNS name correctly.

Also, have you made sure that PRTG is allowed to execute those commands with any anti-virus that you may have running on the system?

Created on May 13, 2013 6:35:28 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

it is pinging the ip address. The odd thing is it will ping just find if I tell the sensor to try again but if I don't it will stay in a error state.

Created on May 13, 2013 6:49:44 PM

Votes:

Have you tried to set up the ping method to Send multiple Ping requests then set the ping count to something like 5 and the delay to 10.

Created on May 14, 2013 12:10:09 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.