What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SNMP Dell PowerEdge

Votes:

I was responsible for monitoring the operation of general (fans, hard disk, etc.) of the equipment Dell PowerEdge by ZABBIX tool.

However, I can not create any reliable procedure and observed in previous questions that you could provide tips for SNMP OIDS that could solve some problems.

I thank you

snmp snmpd zabbix

Created on May 13, 2013 6:32:39 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

If you are trying to create a Poweredge Sensor for your server, you would need to install the Open Manage software which will provide the SNMP information that PRTG needs to monitor the device. Poweredge Health Sensor

Once that software is installed on the server, you should be able to create that sensor on the PE server and monitor those hardware statistics.

Created on May 14, 2013 10:00:32 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.