What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to Netflow 5 with ESXi 5/5.1

Votes:

I didn´t find any leads on this so i try to configure NFv5 in IPCheck to monitor the VCenter solution.

So far it doesn´t work but mostly because i didn´t find any documents or how to.

Can someone give a document or point me to something that describes the procedure to monitor mi VCenter solution with NFv5?

I have V13.2.3.2064 of PRTG network Monitor, licensed to 500 sensors

Thanks in advance

esxi netflow vmware

Created on May 14, 2013 1:55:11 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

First you would need to set up vSphere to send the Netflow data to PRTG which you can see how to do here.

Once that is set up, you would create the Netflow sensor on the device that the flows are being sent to and configure the sensor with the same settings that you used in vSphere. You can read more about the Netflow v5 sensor here.

Created on May 14, 2013 3:23:39 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.