What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Please help - devices are paused due to not Licensed

Votes:

Hi, I just inherited a Prtg Netwrok Monitor version 7.3.35611 running on a Windows 2008 server R2 in vm. I've create a new group of Switches that monitors the SNMP and PIng for the devices but the status are paused as they are not licensed.

The version of PRTG I believe is a commercial product and we have a licensed to use 99999 probes.

I've followed the instruction but I still cant get this going. Help please.

Thanks.

Eric

license probes snmp

Created on Jun 1, 2010 6:30:01 AM

3 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Dear Eric,

if you create more sensors than your license allows you to, all additional sensors will be put into a "paused" state automatically. If you, however, cannot run the number of sensors according to your license, your copy of PRTG may not be activated yet.

In order to view both your license and activation status, please open the PRTG web interface. There, select Setup | System Status from the main menu. Under "Licensing", you can view your license information and activation status.

See Also

What To Do if Sensors Show a "Not Licensed" Message?

Created on Jun 1, 2010 7:53:05 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Last change on Jun 1, 2010 12:23:44 PM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Votes:

Hi There, Thank you responding so promptly. So far I have been impressed with your product though you will have to forgive my ignorance. From your advice above I can see the folowing information: Licensing

• Licensee:
  • Key: 000016-Z6HUY0 ... D0MU-VKD9KV
  • Edition: Enterprise Edition
  • Number of Sensors: 500
  • Number of Netflow/xFlow Sensors: 2
  • Number of Probes: unlimited
  • Activation Status: Activation OK

Database Objects

• 1 probe(s)
  • 8 group(s)
  • 122 device(s)
  • 1204 sensor(s)
  • 2 user group(s)

So this means that I'm using 704 more sensors than we are catered for! I'll probably cull some devices but we will need to buy more sensors.

Thanks!!!!

Created on Jun 1, 2010 10:38:16 PM

Votes:

You are correct.

we simply do not limit the number of sensors you can create since there are customers that may pause the monitoring for one segment of their network and then simply monitor another segment.

If you pause sensors that are now active in your configuration, you will see that others that are now paused will start monitoring

Created on Jun 2, 2010 5:19:17 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jun 2, 2010 7:23:14 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.