What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Netflow Toptalkers Graph

Votes:

I am not sure if this is where I should put this but I have an issue with the netflow top talkers graph. Why is it there? Why can't I turn it off so that I don't have to see it, or is there a way to make it go away? Cause quite honestly it is entirely useless. Those are actually words from a client that we showed it to. If the graph showed the single highest bandwidth user in a chart graph like the live data view then it would be helpful but as it stands now it is really just an eyesore that we have to deal with. So I guess the question here is, can I get rid of it? Thanks in advance for any replies.

graph netflow toptalkers

Created on May 18, 2013 3:56:59 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

can you please send a screenshot of the graph you mean to [email protected]

so that we exactly know what we are talking about and mean the same thing.

Make some reference to this KB article.

Created on May 18, 2013 2:30:31 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have the same question. We just got netflow setup and working. I have absolutely no idea how to interpret that graph. It looks like some sort of hybrid between a pie chart and something else. I would attach a picture but there is no option for it.

A stacked area chart would be better.

Created on Aug 19, 2014 2:14:57 PM

Votes:

The graph shows 'who is talking to who', in addition to "how much" they are talking. So the larger the 'band' between two parts of the circle, the more traffic was consumed.

Created on Aug 22, 2014 9:45:44 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Is there any way to get rid of the graph and just show the table? The table is a lot more useful than the graph.

Created on Aug 29, 2017 1:13:37 AM

Votes:

jbeckner, thank you for the KB-Post. I'm very much afraid it is not possible to remove the graph though. Sorry.

Created on Aug 29, 2017 10:50:36 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.